Encephalitis is a destructive neurological condition that occurs due to inflammation of the brain. It affects anyone irrespective of age, sex, or ethnicity.
Despite these facts, 77% of people globally do not know about encephalitis. This shows that there is lesser awareness of the condition worldwide.
The vision of World Encephalitis Day is to achieve a world that is aware of encephalitis, its consequences, and the support available.
What is Encephalitis?
Encephalitis strikes 10to 15 people per 100,000 each year, with more than 250,000 patients diagnosed in the last decade alone in the U.S. Although this condition can affect anyone, more often it occurs in younger people.
How to get Involved?
There are three main ways to help us on World Encephalitis Day 2022.
- Go #Red4WED On World Encephalitis Day, supporters need to wear something red and share their photographs on social media accounts.
- Brain Walk Join the Brain Walk fundraising challenge and walk, jog, or run as many steps as you can during February.
Membership Marathon You need to join the 2022 Membership Marathon and enlist two new members.
Apart from all these, hope will play a leading role in the mission to increase global awareness of encephalitis and save lives.
- World Encephalitis Day 2022 – (https://www.encephalitis.info/pages/category/wed)
- Meningitis and Encephalitis Fact Sheet – (https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Meningitis-and-Encephalitis-Fact-Sheet)
- Encephalitis – (https://www.brainandspine.org.uk/our-publications/our-fact-sheets/encephalitis/)