ColourPop Babycakes Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a deep, raspberry pink with cooler undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation, but it was more pigmented than marketed, so those who prefer pigmentation will want to “round up” in their heads.
The consistency was soft, blendable, and silky to the touch with a finely-milled powder that wasn’t prone to kicking up too much excess in the pan. There were signs of fading present after eight and a half hours on my skin.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LYS Beauty Passion (P, $16.00) is brighter, glossier (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pretty Thing (P, $8.00) is warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #3 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Berry Boost (6) (P, $45.00) is lighter, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- NARS Penthouse (LE, $30.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Summertime Wine (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- NARS Aroused (P, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Scandalous (P, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #3 (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Glossier Haze (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. – $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy flush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to your desired intensity.” It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one’s skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!