It is imperative to follow an appropriate hair care routine to have shiny and healthy hair. With the change in weather, use of wrong haircare products, pollution, harsh shampoos, flaunting shiny and gorgeous hair seems to be difficult to achieve, but not anymore, because we have a list of 8 homemade hair masks for thin and dull hair, that work better and are inexpensive than those available in the market. With regular use these homemade masks will surely transform your tresses and finally get them to look the way you’ve always wanted and that too with minimal expense. So what are we waiting for, let’s get these ingredients together.
1. Chocolate Hair Mask: Put 2 tablespoons of cocoa, enough warm milk to dissolve the cocoa in, 1 tablespoon each of jojoba oil and coconut. Mix it all up until you get a smooth paste. Now, add few drops of lemon and lavender essential oils. Apply it on your hair and scalp and wrap your hair in a plastic bag or shower cap. Simply rinse the mask off after an hour and continue with your usual shampooing and conditioning routine.
2. Oats and Milk Hair Mask: Mix three tablespoons each of castor oil, milk and oat flakes. Add a few drops of vitamin A to this mixture. Massage the mixture into your scalp, leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes and watch your hair go from dull and flat to super bouncy.
3. Banana and Honey Hair Mask: Put 2 overripe bananas, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey in blender and blend until you get a smooth paste. Take out the contents in a bowl and then add 1/2 cup flat beer in this paste. Apply this mixture on your scalp and roots (cover your ends too). Cover head with a shower cap and towel. Leave on for an hour and then wash off with warm water. Wash with a mild shampoo and air-dry hair naturally.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice Hair Mask: Mix together one tbsp of apple cider vinegar and one tsp of lemon juice in a mug of cold water. Shampoo your hair with your regular shampoo and use this tonic as a final rinse for a volumizing boost.
5. Potato and Aloe Vera Hair Mask: Start by peeling one potato and pressing out its juice, along 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel, 1 tablespoon of honey and one ampoule of vitamins A and E. Rub this mixture into your scalp, giving yourself a nice head massage as you do so. Leave it on minimum two hours and then shampoo and condition as usual.
6. Avocado and Egg Yolk Hair Mask: Mix equal parts of avocado and castor oil, and add one egg yolk to it. Whip up well and apply on the hair and scalp. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
7. Aloe Vera, Honey, Castor Oil Hair Mask: Take 3 tbsp of aloe vera, 3 tbsp of honey, and 2 tbsp of castor oil. Mix well, apply on hair, and rinse off with a mild shampoo after one hour.
8. Sunflower Oil, Egg Yolk, Yogurt Hair Mask: Take half a cup of sunflower oil, add 2 egg yolks, and scoop out 2 big spoons of yogurt. Whip it all up to a creamy consistency and apply all over hair and scalp. Rinse off with a mild shampoo after 20 minutes.
Use these hair masks regularly and bring back the bounce to your hair.